Pequea Valley High School is pleased to announce that it has been named an Apple Distinguished School for the 2012-13 school year. Across the nation, 87 schools were selected. The Apple Distinguished School designation is reserved for schools that have demonstrated Apple's highest vision of a successful 21st century learning environment. The selection of PVHS as an Apple Distinguished School highlights its successes in enhancing and extending teaching and learning with thoughtful and innovative implementations of technology.
Schools are nominated by Apple for designation, and must demonstrate Apple's highest vision of a successful 21st century learning environment, a strong relationship with Apple, and a willingness to do outreach activities. The specific manifestations of these qualities include:
- School demonstrates "best practice" qualities of 21st century learning environment;
- Visionary leadership;
- An infrastructure (IT) that supports a blended learning environment;
- Engaging teaching and learning methods that capitalize on the qualities of today's students who are mobile, collaborative and creative;
- One-to-one access to portable computers and/or mobile access devices for all teachers and students;
- Evidence of ongoing professional development;
- A systematic approach and ongoing process for evaluation and assessment of results for education improvement and sustainability.