VOLUNTEER CLEARANCE DIRECTIONS
To protect our students, a Pennsylvania state law requires volunteers who interact with students to obtain a PA Criminal clearance and Child Abuse clearance, free of charge. If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past ten years, you are not required to obtain the FBI clearance. Any volunteer 18 years of age and older who has direct contact (supervising student(s) alone during a school function) and/or is volunteering consistently with children (daily, weekly, monthly) must obtain these clearances.
Step-by-Step Directions to Attain Clearances
1. Go to the Pequea Valley School District website (www.pequeavalley.org). Open the Volunteer Clearances link under Quick Links on the left side of the page.
2. Child Abuse History Clearance - click here for Child Welfare Portal: www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
· Create a Keystone ID account. Choose Volunteer. Be prepared to list all addresses where you have lived since 1975.
· Print two copies of your results - one copy for the school and one copy for your records. This clearance is effective for five years.
· Please remember to double-click on your control number to print.
3. PA State Police Clearance – click here for Access to Pennsylvania Clearance History: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
· Choose Volunteer.
· You will receive an instant response to print or save in pdf format.
· Print two copies of your results – one copy for the school and one copy for your records. This clearance is effective for five years.
4. FBI Clearance – click here for Cogent website: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm
· If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past ten years, you do not have to complete. If you have not been a Pennsylvania resident for at least ten years, the cost is $27.
· Register online (link above) or by phone, 1-888-439-2486. Please choose Education as the type of clearance you are registering for.
· Print a copy of your confirmation sheet to take to the fingerprint location of your choice (listed below).
· In addition, present a copy of your confirmation sheet to the school with your other two clearances.
· Lancaster IU13 Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:30AM – 4:00PM & 6:00PM – 8:00PM
1020 New Holland Ave Thursday: 8:30AM - 4:00PM
Lancaster, PA 17601 717-606-1600 www.iu13.org
· UPS Store #3413 Monday – Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
1390 Columbia Ave Saturday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Lancaster, PA 17603 717-299-9269
· UPS Store #3230 Monday-Friday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
108F N Reading Rd Saturday: 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Ephrata, PA 17522 717-733-1482