Pequea Valley School District
Parent/Learner Device Agreement
All learners in grades K-12 at Pequea Valley School District are issued a laptop computer or iPad for their educational use. It is our belief that if reasonable precautions and care are taken in the use of the device, it should not experience physical damage. Each learner and parent/guardian is asked to read this form carefully.
- I/We understand that the device and its accessory equipment (laptop bag, power adapter, and duckhead OR iPad case and charger) are the property of the Pequea Valley School District.
- I/We understand that the learner, with the support of the parent, is responsible for the daily care and maintenance of the device (this includes various accessories such as the laptop bag/iPad case, power adapter, duck head, etc.).
- I/We understand and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Acceptable Use Policy (can be found on the PV website) and guidelines outlined in the Student Networking/Internet Safety Policy. Failure to abide by these policies may result in a loss of access as well as other disciplinary or legal action.
- I/We understand that I/we must report all device damages, or the theft/loss of the device to building administration within 24 hours of an incident.
- I/We understand that the laptop/iPad must be in its school-issued bag/case when being transported and at school as a reasonable precaution against damage, theft or loss. All learners will receive one laptop bag as they enter 5th grade and one bag as they enter 9th grade. Each bag is expected to last from 5th-8th grade and 9th-12th grade. If the bag is damaged or lost, I/We understand we are responsible to replace it for a fee of $25.00
- I/We understand that, unless instructed otherwise by a teacher, all learners must have their charged device with them each day for every class.
- I/We understand that if the learner did not exercise proper care and/or take appropriate precautions, and this behavior resulted in damage to the laptop or iPad, the cost of the repair will be the responsibility of the learner/parent.
- I/We understand that we are responsible for the deductible amount if the coverage plan is purchased. If technology coverage is not purchased, we are responsible for the total cost of the repair.
- I/We will not download, install or use file-sharing programs to access music, video, games, applications, etc. Sending mass email messages to students is not permitted, unless directed by a learning facilitator or administrator.
- I/We understand that the laptop/iPad and its accessory equipment must be returned at the end of the school year or if I no longer attend Pequea Valley School District. If these items are not returned, I/We are responsible for the cost to replace them. Failure to return the items within seven (7) days will result in legal action.
- I/We understand that inappropriate use of the laptop or iPad will result in the loss of privileges, including losing access to the device.
- I/We understand that video or audio recording of a learning facilitator without their consent is prohibited and will result in the loss of privileges, including losing access to the device.