PEQUEA VALLEY BUILDING BRAVES
Our Goal: Help children become kindergarten ready by empowering parents to be their child's first teacher and promoting positive connections to their school district and community.Through Pequea Valley's Building Braves Program, children will have access to early learning opportunities from prenatal leading into Kindergarten.
WHY ARE EARLY LEARNING PROGRAMS IMPORTANT?
What We Offer:
- Play and Learns: Monthly group activities designed to promote play, parent child interaction, community connections and knowledge of child development.
- Kindergarten Readiness: Kindergarten Readiness Literacy Kits, Workshops, transition activities, and preschool connections.
- Home Visiting: Biweekly or monthly home visits implementing Parents as Teachers Curriculum.
- Welcome Baby Brave Kits: Early Literacy Kit for newest members of the PV community. Kit includes books, toys, and parent resources.
- Imagination Library: Free monthly book program for PV bound learners from birth to 5 years old.
- Online Resources: STEM Starts Now access, online workshops, and resources.
Meet Our Team:
Lisa Eckert, Director Early Learning: Before joining the PV team in October 2018, Lisa worked as a preschool teacher for four years and has a background in Psychology and Human Services. Lisa enjoys working with families and building relationships with her program participants. Her favorite part of the job is connecting families to each other and introducing them to all the activities and resources the PV community has to offer.
Cherie Oswald, Early Learning Advocate: Cherie joined the PV team in December of 2019. She graduated from Millersville University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology. She enjoys building relationships with families by working together to provide meaningful parent-child interaction. She is committed to providing family support and encouragement to increase school readiness and success.