Pequea Valley School Board
April 11, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
SCHOOL BOARD RECOGNITION –
- Jennifer Bilby, will be recognized for winning the grand prize of Wooly Week in 2017 which was an original song written by Sr. Wooly.
- Three wrestlers will be recognized for qualifying for the state tournament.
PARTICIPATION BY THE PUBLIC
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, the Board approved the April 2, 2019, committee meeting minutes. (rc)
CHIEF OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS’ RECOMMENDATIONS:
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, approval was given for the following Consent Agenda Items A-I. (rc)
A. A resolution to establish a compensation rate of $.25 per collected bill for elected tax collectors.
By law, the School Board must set yearly real estate tax collection rates in the event that an individual is elected to collect such taxes.
B. Approval to retain Crabtree Rohrbaugh & Associates for a feasibility study and design of PVHS and PVIS.
C. The approval of:
- The purchase of Macbook Air laptops for 5th and 9th grade learners from Apple, Inc. in the amount of $159,936.
- The purchase of iPads for two elementary grade levels from Apple, Inc. in the amount of $72,055.
- The purchase of Dell laptops for the Business Office from Global Data Consultants (GDC) in the amount of $4,068.83.
D. Approval to amend the Act 93 Agreement.
E. Approval for one Pequea Valley learner to receive services at Green Valley Academy at a cost of $5,950.45, effective April 9, 2019, through the end of the 2018-2019 school year.
F. Approval of the following Capital Reserve item:
- Phase II of the phone system upgrade by Morefield Communications. Upgrade phones at Paradise and convert Paradise and Salisbury’s system to a SIP Trunk System to be compatible with IU13’s telecommunication support package, at a cost of $38,481.49.
G. Approval of the attached resolution concerning the sale of real property identified as the land described in the deed recorded in the Lancaster County Recorder of Deeds Office, Deed Book 4352 Page 0226 and Property ID#490-01893-0-0000 as more fully described in the attached resolution Exhibit "A".
H. Approval to end the contract with Vollmar Primary Care Sports Medicine, per the resignation from Dr. William Vollmar, effective immediately.
I. Approval to disband the Field Hockey program at Pequea Valley School District.
J. To contract with Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians Sports Medicine to be physician of record for the remainder of the 18-19 school year.
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, approval was given for the following Consent Agenda Items A-D. (rc)
A. Approval of the proposed 2018-2019 IU 13 Budget (Core Program of Services and IMS), totaling $2,985,142.
B. Approval of the 2019-2020 Pequea Valley School District calendar.
C. An agreement with Lancaster-Lebanon IU 13 approving membership in the Special Education Legal Consortium at a cost of $1,042 for the term of July 1, 201, through June 30, 2020.
A. Agenda topics for April 30, 2019, Committee meeting
- 2019-2020 General Fund Budget
- Board Policy Updates (second reading)
- Special Education Audit
- Homeless Update
- Planetarium Update