Pequea Valley School Board
May 12, 2022
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
SCHOOL BOARD RECOGNITION – Doug Masser and Jasmine VanSant will be recognized for being selected as most “Outstanding Middle/Secondary Ag Program” in the state.
SCHOOL BOARD PRESENTATION – CTE Program Evaluation
PARTICIPATION BY THE PUBLIC (School Board Policy)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, the Board approved the May 3, 2022, Committee meeting minutes. (rc)
CHIEF OF FINANCE AND OPERATION’S RECOMMENDATIONS:
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, approval was given for the following Consent Agenda Items A-D. (rc)
A. For the following list of depositories:
- Fulton Bank, Penn Square, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Pennsylvania School District Liquid Asset Fund, 500 First Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
B. Approval of a contract with River Rock Academy for the 2022-2023 school year as follows:
- Private Licensed Secondary Special Education 7-12 Program or the AEDY Program at a per diem rate of $162.28 for five student slots at a total annual cost of $150,109.00.
- Five transportation slots at a per diem rate of $70.30 for a total annual transportation cost of $65,037.50.
C. For Abacus Construction Management, LLC, to serve as the Proposed Owner Representative for the construction project.
D. A settlement agreement with the family of a learner with special education needs at a cost of $155 for each school day up to a maximum of $9,145 during the 2021-2022 school year for educational expenses.
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, approval was given for the following Consent Agenda Items A-C. (rc)
A. The Tax Collector Appointment Resolution.
A. Election of Board Treasurer
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, Fred Hertzler was elected Treasurer of the Pequea Valley School Board for the period of June 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023.
B. Agenda topics for May 31, 2022, Committee meeting
- 2021-2022 General Fund Budget
- PV Early Learning Vision Update
- Graduation Board Policy Update
- Comp Plan
- Safety Update
- Girls’ Wrestling