Pequea Valley School Board
April 13, 2023
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
SCHOOL BOARD RECOGNITION – High school choral learners will be recognized for participating in the American Choral Directors Association Honors (ACDA), Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 7 Chorus (PMEA), and the Lancaster-Lebanon Music Educators Association County Chorus Festival (LLMEA). High school band learners will be recognized for participating in the Lancaster-Lebanon Music Educators Association All-County High School Band South Festival (LLMEA). Middle school band learners will be recognized for participating in the LLMEA Middle School Band Festival.
PARTICIPATION BY THE PUBLIC (School Board Policy)
- IU 13 Board of Directors
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Facilities & Grounds (PowerPoint Pics pdf)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, the Board approved the April 4, 2023, Committee Meeting minutes.
CHIEF OF FINANCE AND OPERATION’S RECOMMENDATIONS:
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, approval was given for the following Consent Agenda Items A-E. (rc)
- A Memorandum of Understanding between PVSD and TeenHope to provide mental health screenings for PVIS and PVHS learners, at a cost of $25 per learner screening.
TeenHope’s mission is to raise awareness of mental health concerns, including teen suicide, depression and anxiety. They help identify learners who might benefit from further evaluation, connect with parents to deepen their conversation with the learner related to the learner’s emotional needs, and provide access to a mental health evaluation that is both accessible and affordable.
- Replacement of VAV at Salisbury Elementary School from Siemens and IJ Tech at a total cost of $413,000, to be paid out of Capital Reserve.
- A contract with IU 13 for Structured Literacy Coaching support during the 2023-2024 school year, at a cost of $11,550 for up to 11 days of services for elementary staff.
- An agreement with Soliant Health, LLC to provide a supplemental BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst) for the 2023-2024 school year, at a cost of $110 per hour for a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- The sale of four-year-old and out of warranty 13" MacBook Air's for PVHS seniors at $230 plus tax.
On a motion by _____ and a second by _____, approval was given for the following Consent Agenda Items A-C. (rc)
- The proposed 2023-2024 IU 13 Budget (Core Program of Services and IMS) totaling $3,354,849.
- The following Instructional Software and Diagnostic Assessment programs for the 2023-2024 school year:
Achieve 3000/Actively Learn
Amplify (Language Studio)
Edmentum (Study Island) PVIS
Vantage Learning (My Access)
Edmentum (Study Island) PVHS
Get More Math
Learn By Doing (Albert)
- Agenda topics for May 2, 2023, Committee meeting
- Building Update
- Preliminary General Fund Budget Update
- Homeschool Board Policy Updates
- School Resource Officer