Extra-Curricular Plan Update
Pequea Valley Extra-Curricular Plan Update
September 10, 2020
Pequea Valley School District continues to plan and alter our health and safety plans, which follows mandates, orders, and guidance from the governor, the Departments of Health and Education, The CDC, and in consultation with Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine.
As we move closer to the official start of the fall athletic and marching band season, we have created plans to meet the most recent orders, mandates, and guidelines provided in collaboration with our district’s beliefs. In order to hold these events in a safe and orderly manner, we are going to need the cooperation of parents, families and the general public or risk the cancellation of events, sanctioning of teams or the school district and its personnel.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to work together with us to provide safe venues for our student athletes and musicians to participate in their seasons.
Following are the parameters for events held at Pequea Valley School District:
- All JV & varsity events in the stadium will be livestreamed and we are creating a PVSD YouTube channel. We will post to our website, social media, and send to all Board members to join.
(All L-L League school districts have agreed to livestream all senior high football and
and other athletic events as they are able.)
- Everyone attending the sporting event, including coaches, officials, athletes on the sidelines, staff, and spectators, age 2 and older must wear face coverings (masks or face shields), unless they are outdoors and can consistently maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet.
- Attendance at any event is subject to appropriate behavior and adherence to our health and safety plans. In order to avoid any issues or confrontations related to this issue, we ask that you please adhere to these guidelines in order to protect the health and safety of all participants. Anyone who refuses to adhere to our guidelines will be asked to leave. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.
- Athletes are not required to wear face coverings while actively engaged in workouts and competition that prevent the wearing of face coverings, but must wear face coverings when on the sidelines, in the dugout, etc. and anytime 6 feet of social distancing is not possible. We have purchased gators for all student athletes.
- The maximum number of participants for an outdoor event is 250, not to exceed 50% capacity, which includes student athletes, coaches, staff, media, and permitted spectators. The maximum number of participants for an indoor event is 25, which includes student athletes, coaches, and staff.
- Pequea Valley’s priority for the balance of the 250 participants in the gated stadium after athletes, coaches and event staff will be given to parents/guardians of the learners participating. The number of spectators will vary by venue and by activity/sport and will be coordinated by the Athletic Director’s office or through the Director of the Marching band.
- For outdoor events not held in the gated stadium, both home and visiting spectators are permitted as long as we do not exceed 250 people and as long as everyone adheres to the social distancing and face covering guidance.
- For home football games, in order to accommodate more student athlete family members, no visiting team spectators will be permitted on campus. No visiting team spectators will be permitted at any L-L League football games. Pequea Valley Athletic Director will provide streaming link to visiting team’s Athletic Director for families.
- The number of members of the media who will be permitted on campus will be limited in order to accommodate more family members. Our Athletic Director will organize this prior to events.
- Due to heavy restrictions on food service, there will be no concessions this year.
- For liability purposes, in order to adhere to the state order, to prevent sanctions for the district, and/or to prevent the cancellation of an event, Pequea Valley School District will not be allowing additional visitors or spectators above the 25 (inside)/250 (outside) cap on school property during these events. We encourage fans who want to view the events to take advantage of our live streaming option.
- Other school districts may have other rules in place. Please be sure you understand the rules at other school district’s events should you choose to be a spectator at an away event when permitted. If you have questions you can check with our Athletic Director for this information.
- Pequea Valley School District will not charge admission fees for fall events this year.
- Further guidance on logistics will be provided by the athletic department or high school administration. You may contact that office with questions at (717) 768-5500.
OF NOTE: PVSD is aware of potential legislation currently being discussed at the state level which could alter our current plans. If this legislation passes, we will update our plans accordingly, following all orders, mandates and guidance to continue to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved with guidance from the Lancaster- Lebanon League and PIAA. Please understand that any change will take some time and planning to achieve. In the meantime, these are the rules for participation in any of these events. We ask for your patience and cooperation should changes need to be made.