PV vs. CV - Biggest Loser Competition
Looking for a worthy cause to support? Look no further!
COVID has taken a toll on so many aspects of our lives and charities are among those feeling that toll as fundraising events have drastically declined. So, Dr. Erik Orndorff, and his counterpart at Conestoga Valley, Dr. Dave Zuilkoski, put their heads together to come up with a way to raise funds for their chosen local charities: The Factory Ministries food pantry for Dr. O and Conestoga Valley Christian Community Services(CVCCS) for Dr. Z.
What they came up with was a good, old fashioned (socially-distanced) Biggest Loser competition!
Beginning Monday, Feb. 1 and running through April 30, these two Superintendents will square off to see who can lose the most weight! The loser will have to don school apparel from the opposing district.
But, where does the charity part come in? It’s simple! We are asking our PV supporters to make either monetary or food donations to The Factory. Want to donate a set amount per pound lost? Go right ahead! Want to donate a one-time monetary amount? Do it! Want to donate a set number of items per pound lost or make a one-time food donation? All of those are possible!
Both Dr. O and Dr. Z are members of the Paradise Rotary Club with Dr. O serving as Vice President. The Paradise Rotary Club has generously offered to collect all donations – monetary and food – to then distribute to each charity.
- Making a one-time donation of either food or money? You can make that contribution at any point during the competition!
- Monetary donations can be made via check to: Rotary Club of Paradise. Drop off or mail your check to the PV District Office, 166 S New Holland Road POB 130, Kinzers, PA 17535.
- Drop food donations off at the Pequea Valley school office that is most convenient for you. PV will then ensure the food items make their way to the Rotary Club for distribution to The Factory.
- Pledging money or food per pound lost? Get ready to start following along with the regular weigh-ins and then, on April 30, we’ll have the final weigh-in results! At that point, you can send your monetary donations to the Rotary Club (see donation information above) who will then distribute to The Factory. Food donations can be dropped off at the Pequea Valley school office that is most convenient for you. The district will then ensure the donations make their way to the Rotary Club for distribution to The Factory.
This is just for informational purposes so that the district can gather contact information and get a rough estimate of how much food it can expect to be delivered at each building.
Below is a list of items that The Factory is in need of:
- Ramen Noodle Soup
- Canned tuna/chicken
- Paper/pencils/coloring books
- Paper plates
- Feminine products
If you have any questions on food items, please contact Kerri Burns at The Factory at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-575-1538.